Victim/Witness Notification

Victim/Witness Notification

There are two ways to receive notification as a victim or concerned citizen.

You may enroll in the NDCS Victim/Witness program and/or the VINE program.

Please note you must enroll separately into each program. 

***The NDCS Victim/Witness Notification Program and VINE are designed to provide you access to information that can be used to plan for your personal safety. Please do not rely only on these services for your protection. If you feel that you are at risk, take precautions as if the offender has already been released.  If you feel that you are in immediate danger, we strongly encourage you to contact local law enforcement (911).***

Horizontal Tabs


NDCS Victim/Witness Notification Program

NDCS offers a Victim/Witness notification program for victims and witnesses of crime, as well as to family members and concerned citizens.  If you choose to enroll for Victim/Witness Notification, NDCS can provide you with information regarding an incarcerated person serving their sentence when the following events occur: 

  • Placement in a Community Corrections Center
  • For Furloughs Lasting 24 hrs or More (Only at Community Corrections Centers)
  • Death of the Offender During Incarceration
  • Escape From Custody/Return to Custody
  • Parole Hearings, Release to Parole, Revocation of Parole
  • Discharge or Other Release


Enroll for Victim/Witness Notification

Participation in the Victim/Witness Notification program is voluntary, not automatic. You must enroll. To receive Victim/Witness Notifications you must complete and submit the enrollment request form below. 


Click here to complete the enrollment form


Update Contact Information or Discontinue Victim/Witness Notification

If your mailing address, email address, or phone number changes, please contact us. The Victim Services program will not be able to notify you if you do not report changes in your address, email address or telephone number.

If you need to update your contact information or wish to discontinue your participation in the Victim/Witness Notification program, you must submit a written request.  You may send those requests via email to or you may mail your requests to the following address:

       Records Manager
       Central Records Office-Active Records
       Nebraska Department of Correctional Services
       P.O. Box 94661
       Lincoln, NE 68509-4661


Nebraska Statewide VINE Service

VINE (Victim Information and Notification Everyday) is a free, anonymous service which provides automated information and notification services 24/7/365. This service is available in English and Spanish. Any member of the community may sign-up online for automated notifications.  *Please note this service is separate and independent from the NDCS Victim/Witness Notification program.


Register With VINE

To receive inmate custody information or to register for automated telephone, text or email notification, call the toll-free number (1-877-634-8463) or access online at . When registering for VINE you will need to provide your preferred contact information. You will also need to select a four-digit PIN (Personal Identification Number).  It is important to choose a number that is easy for you to remember.  Record your PIN and keep it in a secure place.


VINE Notifications

When you receive a notification from VINE, listen to or read the message in its entirety.  You will be asked to enter your four-digit PIN to confirm with VINE that YOU have received the message.  If you do not enter the correct PIN, VINE will continue to contact you every 2 hours or, until the correct PIN is entered.


Nebraska Statewide VINE Service Sponsors

VINE is provided by the Nebraska Sheriff's Association, Nebraska Domestic Violence Sexual Assault Coalition, Nebraska Coalition for Victims of Crime, Nebraska County Attorney's Association, Nebraska Department of Correctional Services, Nebraska Crime Commission and the Criminal Justice Information System Advisory Committee.