More About Us
The Mission of the Nebraska Department of Correctional Services Victim Assistance Program is to provide advocacy and assistance to crime victims and allow an avenue for victims to participate in departmental activities. The Victim Assistance Program is dedicated to providing support and information to departmental employees assaulted by incarcerated or paroled offenders and to their family members.
What Services Are Available through the Victim Assistance Program?
- Crisis intervention and advocacy throughout the corrections process, including assisting victims with concerns related to inmates and parolees under our
- Assistance in determining inmate status and notification procedures.
- Referrals to other state and local community services.
- Explanation and referral for restitution processing assistance.
- Meetings with offenders through Victim Offender Dialogue if requested by the victim and approved by our office.
- Follow-up services.
- Accompaniment to Parole Hearings.
- Correctional Seminars.
- Information on victim issues as they relate to the Nebraska Department of Correctional Services.
Other Activities of the NDCS Victim Assistance Program
- Cross-training with allied justice and victim services professionals.
- Training for all employees on victim sensitivity.
- Development of a department wide policy for request of services by self-referral or supervisory referral.
- Informational brochures and fact sheets to heighten public awareness of existing services.
- Network of Victim Assistance Representatives located in each prison and Adult Parole Administration.
- Collaboration with Emergency Staff Services department wide.
- Victim Sensitivity and Restorative Justice awareness for all inmates.
- Commemoration of Victims' Rights Week and Restorative Justice Week.
For more information contact:
Nebraska Department of Correctional Services
Victim Assistance Program
Attn: Aaron Rule
Folsom and West Prospector Place
P.O. Box 94661
Lincoln, Nebraska 68509-4661
Phone: (402) 479-5625